With Microsoft Lync Online communications software, you can find conversations with a contact, find a recent or missed conversation, or switch between conversations the same way that you switch between other windows [Alt] + [Tab].
i. Checking Conversations
To check conversations history on Lync, go to your Lync window and click on Conversations. You can view the conversations by All, Missed Calls, and Calls.
ii. View your Missed Calls or your Instant Message
If you receive instant messages or a Lync call while you are busy, you can click on the ‘Conversations’ to view your missed messages or calls. On the ‘Conversations’ icon, it will show you how many missed calls or messages you had.
iii. View your Conversations on Outlook
1. Depending on how Lync Online is set up in your organization, The View Conversation History command might not be available. If it is available, Open Lync Online, and click the Show Menu arrow next to the Options button. Click on File, and then click View Conversation History.
2. You can also click on [Conversations] and click on [View More In Outlook].
3. Outlook will start and you can view the Lync conversations on Outlook. Your conversations are organized and you can also reply directly from Outlook.
iv. Check your Missed calls or Instant Messages with Outlook mail
1. You may check for your Lync missed calls or instant messages on Outlook E-mail. When you have missed a call on Lync, you will have received a mail in your inbox with the details.
2. If you want to respond in instant message, go to [Message] tab -> [Respond] group -> click on [IM] icon and click on [Reply with IM].