A contact group, also known as distribution list, is a grouping of email addresses collected under one name. A message sent to a Contact Group goes to all recipients that are listed in the group. It is useful to create a contact group when you often need to send mass emails to the same group of people.
i. Creating a Contact Group
1. Go to [Contacts] -> [Home] tab -> [New] group -> click [New Contact Group].
2. In the [Name] box, type a name for the [Contact] group.
3. From [Contact Group] tab -> [Members] group -> click [Add Members], and then click [From Outlook Contacts], [From Address Book] or [New Email Contact].
4. If you are adding a new email contact, enter the information for the person in the [Add New Member] dialog box.
– If you are adding a member from Outlook contacts or an address book, go to the [Address Book] drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want to include in your [Contact Group]. Click the names that you want and then click [Members].
ii. Add a Contact Group received from someone
Open the message that contains the contact group, then double click on the Contact Group icon. If you would like to change the name of the contacts group, type in a new name or else click [Save and Close].
iii. Add or delete a name in a Contact Group
1. Go to [Contacts], open the [Contact Group].
2. Then you can do one of the following;
Add an address from an address book or contacts folder,
a. From the [Contact Group] tab, go to [Members] group -> click [Add Members], and then click [From Outlook Contacts] or [From Address Book].
b. In the [Address Book] drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want in your [Contact Group].
c. Browse for the name that you want or type it in the [Search] box.
d. In the [Name] List, click the name, and then click [Members]. Do these steps for as many as you need for your Contact Group, then click [OK].
Add an address that is not in a contacts folder or an address book.
a. On the [Contact Group] tab, in the [Members] group, click [Add Members], and then click [New E-mail Contact].
b. Type the information for the email address and then click [OK].
Remove a name
From the list of names, click the name you want to remove, and then on the Contact group tab in the [Members group], click [Remove Member].