You can customize pages by displaying lists and libraries on them. It becomes helpful if, for example, you want to have all the documents, calendar, and tasks for a project all on one page. The steps below will show you how to create a List and a Library on SharePoint.
i. Creating a List
1. Go to [Site Actions] -> [More Options] -> ‘Create’ window will appear. If the window does not appear, you will need to install Microsoft Silverlight.
2. From the ‘Create’ window go to ‘Filter by;’ and select ‘List’ under ‘All Types’. Then select a type from the given choices.
3. On the right side, provide the name and click [Create].
4. If you click on [More Options] you can insert name, description and search. You also have an option whether to put this in the quick access toolbar or not.
ii. Create Library
1. Go to [Site Actions] -> [More Options]. When the ‘Create’ window appears, select ‘Library’ under ‘Filter By:’.
2. Insert name and click [Create] when finished.