i. Enter data in a worksheet
1. Click the cell where you want to enter data.
2. Type the data in the cell.
3. Press enter or tab to move to the next cell.
ii. Format numbers
1. Select the cells that you want to format.
2. One the [Home] tab, in the [Number] group, click the [Dialog Box Launcher] next to [Number] (or jus press CTRL+1).
3. In the Category list, click the format that you want to use, and then adjust settings, if necessary. For example, if you’re using the Currency format, you can select a different currency symbol, show more or fewer decimal places, or change the way negative numbers are displayed.
iii. Apply cell borders
1. Select the cell or range of cells that you want to add a border to.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the [Font] group, click the arrow next to Borders, and then click the border style that you want.
iv. Create an Excel table
1. On a worksheet, select the range of cells that you want to include in the table. The cells can be empty or can contain data.
2. On the [Home] tab, in the [Styles] group, click [Format as Table], and then click the table style that you want.
3. If the selected range contains data that you want to display as table headers, select the [My table has headers] check box in the Format as Table dialog box.