This section will cover how to configure and manage audiences through the SharePoint Online Administration Center. In order to do so, you must have permission to the SharePoint Online Administration Center to perform the tasks.
i. Add an Audience
You can add an audience when you want to filter specific content to selected users.
1. From the SharePoint Online Administration Center page, click [Manage User Profiles].
2. On the Manage User Profiles page, under People, click [Manage Audiences].
3. On the View Audiences page, click [New Audience].
4. On the ‘Create Audience’ page, in the Properties section, in the [Name] box, type a name for the new audience.
5. Type a detailed description of the new audience.
6. In the Owner box, type the account name of the user who will own and manage this audience. You can click Check Names to verify that you have typed the name correctly, or you can click [Browse] to search for an account name.
7. Select [Satisfy all of the rules] or [Satisfy any of the rules] to determine the members of this audience.
8. Click [OK].
9. On the Add Audience Rule page, you can choose from following actions.
a. Adding a rule based on a user.
– In the Operand section, select [User].
– In the Operator section, select Reports Under to create a rule based on organizational hierarchy or select ‘Member Of’ to target by group or distribution list.
– In the Value box, type or select the user that you want to use to test this rule.
o For a Reports Under rule, select the person who is the manager of the users you want to include in the audience.
o For a Member of audience, select the group or distribution list to include for the audience rule.
b. Adding a rule based on a user property
– In the Operand section, select Property, and then select a property from the list.
– From the Operator list, select an operator for the property. Although each property has a slightly different set of operators, common operators include = and Contains.
– In the Value section, type a value to use when evaluating the property against this rule. Click [OK] when finished.
ii. Edit or Delete an Audience
1. From SharePoint Online Admin Center go to [User Profile] -> [User] -> [Manage Audiences].
2. Once you select audiences, you can edit or delete audiences.
3. You are only able to edit name, description, owner and which rules to satisfy.