Steps on how to create a new notebook, sections and pages. Learn how to use and keep your notebook organized.
i. Creating a New Notebook
1) [File] -> [New] -> Choose [My Computer] from ‘Store Notebook On:’
2) Type in a name for your notebook.
3) Select a location to save the Notebook.
4) Click on [Create Notebook]
5) Notebook is created with a new Section.
ii. Add a section
iii. Changing Section Name
1) Go to the section tab, right click on it and click on [Rename]
2) Type the new name and press enter. Or you may also double click on the tab itself to change the name.
iv. Adding a New Page or a Sub Page
1) On the right side of the window under the page pane, click on the [New Page] drop down menu.
2) You can either select [New Page] or [New Sub page].
3) When selecting a ‘New Page’ an arrow will show . Then move the arrows around to put the page in the order you would like.
v. Page Name
Insert the title of the page inside the red box.
vi. Open and Close your Notebook
1. Closing your OneNote notebook.
On the left pane of the notebook, right click on the notebook and select ‘Close this Notebook’
2. Opening your OneNote notebook
[File] tab -> [Open] -> Click on [Open Notebook]
When the documents library window appears, open the folder your notebook is located in and select Open notebook.