There are many different ways to personalize Outlook such as adding a picture for a contact, assigning a color category to an E-mail message, and much more. Below are steps that will cover details on how to personalize your Outlook.
i. Add, remove, or change a picture for contact photos
To add a picture
1. Go to [Contacts] and either
Open the contact that you want
Go to [Home] tab -> [New] group -> click [New Contact].
2. Go to [Contact] tab, in the [Options] group -> click [Picture], and then click [Add Picture].
To remove a picture
Open the contacts that you want -> [Contact] tab -> [Options] group -> Click [Picture] -> then click [Remove Picture].
To Change a picture
1. Open the contacts that you want -> [Contacts] tab -> [Options] group -> click [Picture] and then click [Change Picture].
2. Browse to find the picture that you want to use instead, and then double-click the file name.
ii. Assign a color category to an email message
Having different colors assigned to email messages in Microsoft Outlook enables you to quickly identify them and associate them with related items. You can assign more than one color category to messages or use a [Quick Click Category] to click once and assign a color category to a message in your box.
To assign a color category, you can take one of the following actions
For a message in your inbox or any message list,
o Right click the message, point to [Categorize], and then click a color category.
For an open message,
o Go to the [Message] tab -> [Options] group, click [Categorize], and then click a color category.
To see more categories or to create a category, click [All Categories] to open the [Color Categories] dialog box. To assign a color category from the [Color Categories] dialog box, you must select the check box next to the color category. The [Color Categories] dialog box is also a quick way to assign multiple categories to an item.
iii. Assign a Quick Click category to a message
With a single click, you can assign a color category to an item in your Inbox or any message list by setting a default Quick Click category. This step makes it easier to categorize your messages in the inbox.
Set a Quick Click category
1. On the [Home] tab, go to [Tags] group, click [Categorize], and then click [Set Quick Click].
2. In the [Set Quick Click] box, select a color category. And you can rename the category.
Assign a Quick Click Category
Follow the same step as above for Color category.