Quick Launch contains links to select lists and libraries of the current site. It can also optionally contain links to subsites and pages of the current site. You use the Quick Launch to navigate between different areas of your site, such as between a list and a library or from a parent site to a subsite.
** In order to add or edit Quick Launch you must have at least the permissions obtained by being added to the default Designers SharePoint group for the site.
i. Getting to Quick Launch page
1. Go to Site Actions and click on [Site Settings].
2. Under [Look and Feel] click on [Quick Launch].
ii. Adding a New Navigation Link and a New Heading
In addition to including links to lists and libraries on your site, you can add custom links to the Quick Launch.
1. From the Quick Launch window, go click on [New Navigation Link] or [New Heading].
2. Insert a web address, description, and click [OK] when finished.
iii. Change Order
1. From the Quick Launch screen, click on [Change Order].
2. Put the lists in order by putting an appropriate number to each part. Click [OK] when finished.
iv. Editing Header and Link
1. From the Quick Launch screen, click on the link or a header you would like to edit or delete.
2. Edit the web address and the description and click [OK] when finished.
3. If you would like to delete, Click [Delete].