My Site is a hub where you can network with your colleagues and track information you are interested in. You can see a Newsfeed of your colleague’s activities, keep track of content you and your colleagues have tagged, and share status updates.
i. Setting up My Sites
1. From SharePoint Online Admin Center, Click on [User Profile].
2. Click on [Set up My Site] under [My Site Settings].
3. Use this page to manage My Site settings for this User Profile Service Application. Fill out the necessary information for Preferred Search Center, My Site Host, Personal Site Location, Site Naming Format, and etc. Click [OK] when finished.
ii. Publish Links to Office Client Applications
1. Go to your SharePoint Online Admin center and click on [User Profile]. And click on [Publish Links to Office Client Applications].
2. Click on [New Link].
3. Fill out the necessary content for Properties (Name, Description, and type)
4. To fill out the Target Audience, type in the name in your contacts and click on [Check Name] icon.